Customers frequently express their struggle to recruit personnel with suitable competence. The need for training courses in HVAC/R is needed/required due to either, regulation and/or a good practice to reduce costly breakdowns and repairs. Which combined, enables improved efficiency, reduced operating cost and a trouble free operation. Special needs or requirements can be accommodated on a need to basis.
Ongoing open enrollment courses:
- EPA certification (USA requirement) – Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Program, as per regulation CAA (Cleans Air Act) Title VI, Section 608, as required by 40 CFR part 82, subpart F, revised as of 1/1/2022.
- EPA refresher to the current regulation.
- Basic marine refrigeration, fundamentals, functionality, and main components – as per STCW AIII/1 & AIII/2.
- HVAC, fundamentals, functionality, and main components – as per STCW AIII/1 & AIII/2.
- Preventive maintenance, good service practice & trouble shooting when using HFC refrigerant and ester-based lubricants – as per STCW AIII/1 & AIII/2
- HVAC installation, pro’s and con’s for the various options (HEPA filters, UV, etc) available to mitigate transmission of infectious diseases and maintain healthy IAQ.
- Best practice for reducing refrigerant consumption: recovery & charging, vacuuming/dehydration, pressure testing, soldering, leak search, used refrigerant handling & disposal routines, documentation requirements.
- HVAC/R energy conservation, fundamentals, functionality, operational options, and pitfalls.
- Evaluate pro’s and con’s for the various options available for an HVAC installation to mitigate transmission of infectious diseases and maintain an healthy IAQ
- Fgas (comparable) certification (EU requirement) – Refrigerant handling, Leak search and Repair Program.
- Skill assessment, support for new hire and crew evaluation by a 3rd party.
- Custom made courses available upon request.
Standard courses are offered in the following locations: Ft. Lauderdale, Rotterdam, Manila, customer’s facility or onboard.
Training can be delivered virtual online (real-time) using TEAMS.
For further information and course schedule please make contact.
The training courses marked (*) has a “Certificate of Compliance of Quality Management Systems of Maritime Training Institutes” awarded by Bureau Veritas, see recent published article: http://www.maritime-executive.com/pressrelease/bsr-solutions-receives-certification-from-bureau-veritas